Chaos Forever!
Hello, Register or log in and chat with us. It's totally awesomely awesome ~RAWR! Press the log in button, or register if you haven't registered yet!

-Chaos Forever leaders: XxShadow_RiftxX, lilcrisdude285 and Kkiilleerr1990

Chaos Forever!

HomeChaos HomepageCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inDonateapplicationsChat
Keywords
Birthday
Latest topics
» How did you come up with your psn?
Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm by addis919

» Glitchers
Tue 24 Feb 2015, 12:16 am by addis919

» nicotru24
Tue 24 Feb 2015, 12:08 am by addis919

» Chaos Roster
Sat 21 Feb 2015, 2:33 am by addis919

» Fat princess adventures
Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:48 am by addis919

» Application
Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm by addis919

» Delete the Old Soulshad09 Acc. if u can.
Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm by The_Real_Soulshad09

» Delete the Old Soulshad09 Acc. if u can.
Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm by The_Real_Soulshad09

» More Sabotagers & Double-shooters
Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:35 am by addis919

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
Checkbox
So guys... I made this... checkbox? I don't know what it does, or anything. But I'm experimenting with HTML. I really hope I can make this crap do something in the future...
kkiilleerr1990
XxShadow_RiftxX(am I evil to you?
LCD
Coolkid
Random person, maybe Skyassasin

Share | 

Efficient Priesting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Efficient Priesting   Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:32 pm

Everyone has a certain class that emphasizes their strengths. For this write up; killer, blitz and myself have compiled ideas to help anyone in case of an emergency situation where they need to become priest in a match.

Priesties 101-
Many people look at the priest as a useless class, so they never get practice on its true use. I will agree with them to an extent. Priest is absolutely useless, if you are on your own trying to defend yourself in an angry mob of enemy defenders. Rule #1 to efficient priesting is you must always back up someone, preferably a group, of teammates. This means with this class you MUST, absolutely must, check your map possibly the most. Always keep that left thumb in mind to push select. Push select when going through any portals or once respawning, and any other safety time in between.

In addition to pushing select, priesting can also use map canceling for efficiency. Rule #2 is to use that map checking time to also "hit two birds with one stone" when you wish to release a charge and start up a new one to minimize re-charging time. This is of course for using the AoE, 'Area of Effect.'

There are four tools to a priest. Many people see the upgraded priest hat as stupid. Well that is because they most likely don't know the class. Dark priest can be game changing. Locking on as a light priest means you target and heal one individual on your team. Locking on and healing as a dark priest means you target and drain one individual on the opposing team. Holding square down as a light priest and releasing will heal your teammates. Holding square down as a dark priest and releasing will NOT DRAIN but curse your opponents, causing them to have drunk wobbles. Drunk wobbles are very good to release upon enemies because they will not walk or hit straight. Be weary, as a priest if you do happen to get drunk wobbled by the opposing team, you will NOT be able to drain a lock on target.. however will be able to heal a lock on target. Something handy to keep in mind. Which brings us to Rule #3 which is to charge your AoE as light priest only, to hit triangle and release immediately as dark priest. We all noticed a charging AOE makes for slower movement, but with dark priest, its like you have hundreds of pounds strapped to your feet.

So how do you use these methods effectively? When is the best time to use each tool? In the beginning of a match, to conquer the middle outpost, priests MUST charge AoE. They should run out to the battle field, about 7 fat princess steps from the outpost, THEN begin the AoE charge. Upon reaching the outpost, release. STEP BACK a bit. Priests ALWAYS need to back up other teammates as their safety shield. Continue with the shortest AoE heals possible to put out fires so the least possible hearts are drained. A priest doing short heals work more efficient against fire. Never wait to drop a full charge or it may be too late upon obtaining the first outpost. In extended games with the ice mages upgraded, you will find the most disappointment in charging up a sexy heal, to only lose it due to an ice mage freezing you and messing with that charge you had coming up with. In these cases, drop the AoE and use target aiming. Another handy tool is using the AoE to check who has the lowest health, to release the charge, and immediately begin healing on the teammate who needs your heals the dearest.

Well thats easy. But dark priesting how to's are another gamble. We know its best to stay behind the teammates so they take enemy impact, instead of yourself when you're the one needing to stay alive. Only come in front of the pack of teammates to release a nice-ly charged AoE curse. To do this, charge up, run in front of pack, press triangle, release, RETREAT behind the pack as fast as possible while avoiding as much damage you possibly can. Draining is good for Rule #4 when you are lit on fire by a mage and there's no water in sight, triangle to dark priest and drain away. When you are fully engulfed in fire, you tend to take a heaping damage once the fire puts out. This draining effect has saved me many times on my last bits of health where I should have died. Knowing this will save you the time of needing to respawn then running back to the battlefield. PLEASE keep this rule in mind.

So you know when is a good situation to use judgement on which tool to use, but do we know when not to use certain tools? Rule #5 is if you end up solo as a priest, check map and run to where work is available. NEVER stand there as a dark priest trying to fight a warrior or giant. It'll work from a distance. But if you are 1v1 then forget it. The minute they get close to you, they will take you out in one hit. TRUST ME. It's not worth trying to kill them. Let it go, because you'll just waste your time. It goes back to the concept of, you are MORE EFFECTIVE healing your teammates and keeping them alive, then draining the opposing team.

Moving on to Rule #6 and covering more AoE, a good priest will always dominate an outpost while charging and running through it to heal themselves if there is no other priest around. Drop the charge when your service is needed. Check map, and see where you need to go from there.

Rule #7 is incorporated with being a COURTEOUS priest. Please keep focus on other priests and keep them alive. Losing a priest in the pack changes a lot. Priests often get overlooked. It happens to me a lot, even by veteran clans. && can easily separate an experienced priest from a novice.

In addition to the above forms Rule #8 which is to keep your eyes on multiple things. Keep your eyes MOST IMPORTANTLY on your own health, since a priest only has four hearts to work with. If your pack moves a different direction than you, you can easily lose your hearts quickly, especially on offense. KEEP YOUR EYES at the top of the screen and watch out for yourself in high traffic areas. Also keep your eyes on the movement from enemies such as warriors and giants. Try to predict their next moves and directions to void yourself of danger areas. Predicting future moves has been GAME COSTLY for me, in a good way. This actually is THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE to efficient priesting.

Shields can be given from light priests for their teammates. Rule #9 is how to shield your teammate. It takes about five seconds to shield someone once they are full of health. Shielding is very crucial. Shields can act as an extra heart or can save someone from a bomb explosion in the area. If you are running after a group of teammates and they are all healed fully, make yourself even more useful by shielding them. Then go in with charge attacks, remaining just behind the pack to release if they need a heal. If they don't need a heal, either wait until your service is needed, or simply proceed forward and drop a curse and gtfo. Remember though, healing is ALWAYS more important than cursing.

Since we are back on priest AoE charges, I will point out a glitch I found out last week which is crucial and legal, and a savior to fellow priests. We all know what its like to be the priest that has no health due to lack of priests in the area or a danger to be sitting to eat cake in a given area. A couple maps have portals in which you take over the outpost and have a portal to the enemy base. These maps include Black Forest, Rocky Road and New Pork. Once you successfully have taken over the outpost, Rule #10 is extremely helpful to keep in mind. You normally get 80% of a heart going through that portal. There is a glitch to where you do NOT have to sit by it and risk your life from an oncoming attacker. You can hold your charge and help your teammates out, you can charge up and release a curse too. Once you gain the outpost, slowly step in like you will go through, and you will get that 80% heart without LITERALLY going through that portal. Back out a bit, and repeat until you have enough health. It may take some practice and I am willing to help anyone. Please note you do not need to be in charge or lock on mode for this to happen. I found it out on accident when I went to go in a portal, then checked my map seeing the princess was out the doors already, so walked back out while gaining my health.

This brings us to Rule #11 which involves the portals. PLEASE do not run in hot once the outpost has been taken over. What awaits through that portal is an ice mage ready to drop and a giant ready to pound then eat. Let an ice mage go first to get frozen, then 2 seconds later let the warrior go to get through and dash her trying to dodge anything. Use the map to judge, because sometimes, effective ice mages will use first mage to drop on the first portaling victim, then a second ice mage to drop the next set of portaling victims. As a priest you should ALWAYS be last through that portal to heal any frozen teammate who has taken damage by the defense. Also keep in mind the concept of backing up your teammates. Priests most effectively shield by staying BEHIND, rather than literally human shielding the team by sacrificing themselves.

So what if we die? We all die, it happens. Oh well. Remember to check map upon respawning to be able to pay attention to where you need to head next or to see what area needs your help. As a priest, you CAN be the game changer, even if not necessarily grabbing the princess or killing off enemies. Good judgement and patience comes with efficient priesting. Rule #12 is to remember your defense. When you respawn and pick your priest hat, remember to check up on your DEFENSE squad. Giants don't have time to pick up a new hat and sit down to just pick up a giant hat again. Be courteous and give them health, even a shield if you have the time. It WILL make the difference.

In addition to the previous rule, Rule #13 is how to use priest to guard base when both princesses are in the castle. There is a 25 second window and a good opposing team will most of the time get decently far off if they warrior dash, ice mage, and charge as a group on a specific princess. This rule will only work with upgraded priest, so PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind the priest SHOULD be upgraded in private matches. Dark drain that opponent who has your princess and keep DISTANT. Let the ice mage or giant finish the enemies off. Don't go in hot and whack them with your staff, its useless. Just as useless as trying to whack any single person with your staff to get them to drop the princess. It once again, won't work. Once the teammate has finished off the enemy and carries the princess back to her position so the countdown timer restarts, push triangle and light priest HEAL all teammates affected by the damage. Especially giants who can not sit, and ice mages who you notice have a charge started up. One priest should do for this job. More ice mages and giants are necessary to get the job done, but this priest, IF DONE CORRECTLY, will be guaranteed game changing. Trust me, I'm living proof of this theory.

Hope this write up helps for anyone needing to perfect their priesting or if they need to go priest unexpectedly. I hope to see write ups for other classes that more experienced/suitable players of that class could produce. Sorry for the novel-length read, but please do review this helpful information that took me 2 hours to make.

Chumpy
chump

Last edited by xnlǝpdɯnɥƆ on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrizzlyBUR91
Salsa Master

Antall Innlegg : 44
Chaos money : 10197
Chaos Karma : 11

PostSubject: Re: Efficient Priesting   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

Wonderful post, priest is not an easy class to master, it takes much practice and in-game experience to actually get good with this class. I consider it the most important class in the game, without good priests you will lose 9/10 times. Luckily we have very skilled priests in our family, if we didnt we would = fail, its always a good idea to learn the classes and get comfortable with them,= Priest, mage, warrior, giant, learn them, love them, and mess people up with em. thanks for the post chump

Super boss! Hell yeah, I wonder how long this can be? But I'm a pro, and I found out that this i
Super boss! Hell yeah, I wonder how long this can be? But I'm a pro, and I found out that this i

AN clan : Hola
Antall Innlegg : 505
Chaos money : 9341
Chaos Karma : 60

Mini-Games
Health:
1000000/1000000  (1000000/1000000)
Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Level: 100000

PostSubject: Re: Efficient Priesting   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

Without a good chicken, you wont win a game...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I surely am awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cswclan.nicetopic.net
Jay Bomb
YOU DESERVE A COOKIE
YOU DESERVE A COOKIE

Antall Innlegg : 157
Chaos money : 10974
Chaos Karma : 22

PostSubject: Re: Efficient Priesting   Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

long.. im need to brush up on my classes.. i have been giant but i use to have warrior and mage down.. its been forever since i played them

Blitz
Your comments are bad and you should feel bad
Your comments are bad and you should feel bad

Antall Innlegg : 103
Chaos money : 10685
Chaos Karma : 12

Mini-Games
Health:
200/200  (200/200)
Exp:
100/100  (100/100)
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Efficient Priesting   Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:31 am

Chump great guide, please any chaos who have not read it please do so. It can definitely make a difference on the battle field which means better performances. Without a good priest, a team will definitely fall.

Love this sig! It's freakign awesome!!
PSN : ChimeraBlitz007
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkiilleerr1997

AN clan : Hola
Antall Innlegg : 505
Chaos money : 9341
Chaos Karma : 60

Mini-Games
Health:
1000000/1000000  (1000000/1000000)
Exp:
0/0  (0/0)
Level: 100000

PostSubject: Re: Efficient Priesting   Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:20 am

Rule 10 would be hard with some ppl after you